Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 5 celilo falls longhouse

After we left the Deschutes national forest we went to the Celilo falls longhouse for the night. We helped clean the outside of the longhouse since we were their guests. It was pretty fun helping out with the longhouse officials. When we got to the longhouse we had four speakers three of them were officials of the longhouse, the other speaker was from the Yakima reservation his name was Paul. Paul told us how he got where he his today and that is the executive director of critfc. He got my attention when he told us he worked for the pentagon at one point. Paul told us that he represented the native tribes at some point in his career. But he struggled in high school and college. After Paul was done talking we set up our sleeping arrangements for the night even though we was told we was staying for two nights. I'm having fun on this trip so far and right now I kind of miss being home but being here in Washington again makes me feel like I'm home already just a week left then I'm home.








No comments:

Post a Comment