Tuesday, July 14, 2015

day three

Day three of big river trip We went to the newberry national volcanic monument we met ou guide Christina Peterson learned alot about the shield volcano that we were standing on an that its lava flow went on for about 9 and a quater miles. Then we took a walk in the the giant lava tube that was about half a mile from the lava butte The lava tube was a mile long. When we was at the National volcanic monument I felt like I wanted to just go home because I want to be home more then anything but I also want to be here learning about what happened with the Newberry volcano. The newberry volcano is a shield volcano that erupted over 1300 years ago and wiped out living plant life for over 9 and a quarter mile's. When I was told how many miles it went I was amazed because I didn't know lava could travel for so many miles like newberry's did. After we learned about the shield volcano we went to the lava tube which formed into a cave we went down there and walked the length of it for a mile after we finished we turned around and went back to the beginning of the cave. When we made it to the end of the cave I turned around an took off into the darkness of the cave until I made it back to the beginning where I sat for a half hour. After we finished our two mile hike thru the cave we went back to camp where we had tacos for dinner me and al cooked dinner it was pretty good but it isn't as good as homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment